Sunday, December 8, 2013

Art Gallery Visit #3

Portrait of Mrs. A.G.M. van Ogtrop -Hanlo(1871-1944) and her five children
Therese Schwartze
1906
w198.5 x h175.3 cm

Madonna (Self- Portrait)
Cindy Sherman
1975
Gelatin Silver Print 
Profile Portrait of a Young Lady
Antonio del Pollaiuolo
1465
w362 x h522 cm
Oil on poplar wood
All portraits are from Google Art Project, I typed self- portraits into the search box so they didn't come from a specific gallery.


1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces?
I chose all portraits of women because I am also a women and would be creating my own self portrait similar to these. I also like how the women looked very glamorous and were posing how we would today even though the art is from a long time ago. 


2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?
I chose pencil to draw the portrait and colored pencil to color it in. I chose these medias because they are something everyone has laying around the house and are easy to work with.


3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?
My biggest challenge is that I am horrible at drawing and trying to make myself look good in a drawing is hard when I can't get my vision across in a super creative way. But I tried my best despite my drawing skills. 


4. How does this piece represent you?
The piece represents me aesthetically and my personality, since I am smiling and it is just a basic everyday photo. 


5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?
I used shape with the face, nose, and eyes, line for the hair, and color to make the portrait look better and show who I am. Such as skin color, hair color, and eye color. The hair and freckles give the 2D drawing texture. 


6. Did you enjoy working on this project?
I enjoy the art making projects because I don't every sit down and draw or paint and in my everyday life and this is nice break from essays and tests, since there is no right or wrong answers. 


7. What do you think of your final artwork?
I think my final artwork slightly looks like me, but if the original photo wasn't with it friends or family may not be able to know that it is me because I am the furthest thing from an artist. 











No comments:

Post a Comment