Saturday, September 28, 2013

Logo Design



#1. I thought that creating a logo was a creative way to brand myself and show who am just through a simple picture.

#2. I knew I wanted to draw a sunflower because I have always associated them with being something happy with a hippie vibe which is how I live my life. I am a vegan and love all things organic and from nature. So a sunflower is perfect for a care free attitude on life. In my sketches I played with color and pattern to figure out what was the most ascetically pleasing. I implemented value by contrasting the dark to light shades of yellow and I think it balanced out the logo because it wasn’t the typical yellow sunflower. It made for of an impact to do an unexpected pattern which would make the logo more memorable especially of it was used for a product.

#3 The most important discovery I made was that it was really easy to pick what would be in a logo design for myself. When you really know who you are and what you are passionate about in life it is easy to express yourself creatively.

#4. . I learned that an effective logo should be simple, yet timeless to really make an impression on the consumer or the public so that is memorable and people notice it and recognize it right away. The videos showed all the steps need to complete the logo making process. From pitching the ideas to the company, presenting the logo to the web and using it for advertising, and finally showing the final product.  


No comments:

Post a Comment