Saturday, September 21, 2013

Module #4 Color Wheel And Value Scale


 
 
#1. I remember creating a value scale and color wheel back in elementary school. It brought back the basic principles of color, such as what primary colors mixed together create secondary colors. The value scale was the harder of the two to create. I shaded as directed from black to white but I feel like it would have been easier to go the opposite way because it was easier to add pressure than to let up on the pencil.
#2. I enjoyed working with the acrylic paint because painting is a lot more fun than shading with a pencil and mixing the colors together to get a nice shade for the secondary colors was pretty fun.
#3.  When I was creating the color wheel I used paints that I already had at my house. The redish pinkish color I used rather than magenta really affects the color wheel. It looked fine at first but dried a little darker than I would have liked. When I mixed the colors for the center it took a while to get it black because it was not a true magenta.
#4. The most important thing I learned was that red, yellow, and blue are actually not the primary colors, the real primary colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow. When mixed together red, yellow, and blue make brown. But cyan, magenta, and yellow make black. The videos were great for reminding me the order of the color well and what the color wheel and value scale should look like.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment