Sunday, September 15, 2013

Project #1

http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/courtspepper1/slideshow/AED%20200%20Elements%20and%20Principles


The elements and principles of design are evident in all aspects of life. As I took photos or went through photos I had taken over the summer it was impossible to not be able to instantly identify at least one element or principle. Some jump right out at you like the texture of my puppies luscious fur makes you want to touch it. Or the pattern of the patio walkway has an obvious pattern of square like shapes. Others were not so easy to identify such as, contrast and balance. I chose the bright flowers next to the dull fire hydrant to show the contrast between hard and soft objects. Balance was shown through the landscape being divided between the hydrangeas and the trees. The element of value was my favorite picture in the slideshow because it dramatically showed to difference between light and dark. I took these photo in many locations including my house, backyard, and from multiple vacations I went on during the summer. Tennessee and Cape Cod are where I took the most interesting and dynamic photos.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! I really loved the garden & jellyfish! You definitely captured all of the elements and principles of art in your photographs. The detail in the image of the water coming down in the stream is amazing. Looks like you had great trips this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos for line, texture (such a cute puppy by the way!!!), and contrast were wonderful representations of the elements and principles that they represent!!! I also like how you bring up the fact that in almost every picture you could see at least one other element or principle because I felt the exact same way, it was kind of hard to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movement was by far my favorite next to contrast in your photo collection. Probably because it was the same type of photo I wanted to catch with running water but my photos were't coming out as good as yours did. So kudos to you on that aspect on it but overall great job on the project, I'm really impressed with your photos as a whole

    ReplyDelete
  4. To echo everyone's comments, you did a wonderful job with your pictures and they were all technically proficient as well. It's nice when they're not all blurry and framed very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought your images were beautiful!. My favorite was of the jellyfish and the image you chose for shape. I love the image you chose for shape because it was not really expected to use an image that was not something that most people would find visually warming or kind on the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also used pictures from my vacation for this project because after reviewing them I was surprised to see how well they fit into the categories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative is your representation of texture and cute! All of your images were beautiful and well matched with each principle. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete